CLASS -5 || SUBJECT - EVS || Chapter 21 || Like Father, Like Daughter||

 

Chapter 21

Like Father, Like Daughter

1.How do you feel when people compare you with someone else in your family? Why do you feel so?
Ans. When someone compares me with someone else in my family; I feel good. The nice feeling comes because it makes me think I am the part of a great family.

2.Who laughs the loudest in your family? Laugh like that person.
Ans. My ‘tau’ laughs the loudest in my family.

3.Make a list of all the family members from Nilima’s nani to little Samir. How are they all related to Nilima? Write.
Ans. List of Nilima’s family members:
Nani: Nilima’s grandmother (Mother’s mother)
Eldest Nani: Nilima’s nani’s sister.
Elder son of Nani: Nilima’s mama (Mother’s brother)
Kiran: Nilima’s cousin (Mama’s daughter)
Samir: Nilima’s nephew (Son of her cousin)

4.Have you seen a very young child in your (or any other) family? Whom does the child’s eyes, nose, hair or fingers look like in the family? Write their names.
Ans. Yes, I have seen the young child of my uncle. Some of his traits look like some of the family members and they are given below:

Special trait

Eyes

Nose

Hair

fingers

Whome does it resemble

Father

Mama

Mausi

Mother  

 

5.How many people do you know whose hair is longer than one metre? Does having long hair run in their family?
Ans. I know about one neighbour family where all the ladies have hair longer than a metre. It can be said that having long hair run in their family.

6.Do you know how to measure your height? Measure yourself from head to toe and write how tall you are.
Ans. Yes, I know how to measure my height. I can do it using a metre scale or a measuring tape. My height is about 120 cm.

7.How tall do you think you will be when you grow up? Is anyone else in your family of the same height?
Ans. i think I will be about 6 feet in height when I grow up because my father is exactly 6 feet tall.

8.Do you know any twins? What is similar in them? How are they different?
Ans. Yes, there are two brothers in my class. They look similar in almost every trait. One of them has a mole on the left cheek.

9.Do you know of twins who do not look the same?
Ans. Yes, there Eire twin sister and brother in my neighbourhood. They look different from each other.

10.Have you read or heard any news about pulse polio? What?
Ans. Yes, I have heard about pulse polio. Pulse polio is a programme run by the government to eradicate polio from the country. Vaccination camps are organised every month where every child below five years of age is given the polio vaccine drops. The vaccine is given free of cost.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLASS - 3 || SUBJECT - SCIENCE || LESSON – 9 || WATER AS A RESOURCE ||

CLASS - 3|| SUBJECT - SCIENCE|| LESSON - 4|| INSECTS||

CLASS - 3 || SUBJECT - SCIENCE || LESSON – 10 || SUN AS A RESOURCE ||